|60g Self-rising flour||10g Dried rose petals|
|15g Pistachio flakes||200g Caster sugar|
|300g Desiccated coconut||1tsp Vanilla essence|
|120g Egg whites|
|Pinch of salt|
1. Line two baking trays with parchment paper and keep aside.
2. Combine the sifted flour,crushed rose petals, pistachio flakes and desiccated coconut in a large bowl mix well and keep aside.
3. Using the double boiling technique described in the Techniques section, combine the egg whites, sugar and salt and whisk together to form a white, creamy looking batter that is warm to touch (about 12- 15 minutes). Take the bowl off the heat. Stir in the vanilla essence.
4. Add the flour mixture to the bowl and fold in completely.
5. Cover the mixing bowl with cling film and leave macaroon dough to rest in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
6. 2 hours later, take macaroon dough out of the refrigerator.
7. Preheat the oven at 160°C.
8. Spoon out heaped tablespoons few inches apart. Shape each macaroon into a small mound using your hands or a spoon.
9. Slide the two trays into the oven.
10. Bake for about 15-20 minutes,or until golden brown.
11. Remove from the oven and transfer onto a cooling rack.
12. Transfer to an airtight jar. Consume within 7 days.
Eliminate crushed roses and pistachio flakes for classic coconut macaroons.