|100g Icing sugar||200g Refined flour|
|8g Chai masala||100g Corn flour|
|200g Unsalted butter,softened|
|1 Vanilla Pod, seeds scraped out|
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Keep an ungreased 12" swiss roll tin ready.
3. In a large mixing bowl of a food processor with a double bladed knife/ paddle attachment, process to combine icing sugar,refined flour, chai masala and corn flour.
4. Add butter and vanilla seeds and process again till you get a soft mix ture that loosely clumps around the blade.
5. Turn mixture out onto swiss roll tray and flatten into an even layer using your fingers or the back of a cup.
6. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make incisions and divide the flattened dough into uniform rectangular fingers leaving the dough inside the tray. Use a fork to prick holes in the centre of each finger.
7. Shortbread should not be baked till crisp, but left crumbly and melt in-your-mouth. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.The shortbread is done when pale but slightly golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes.
8. Using a palette knife carefully separate the shortbread fingers along the previously made incisions. Gently transfer onto a cooling rack.
9. Cool completely and transfer to an airtight container to store for up to 3-5 days.
Shortbread can also be baked in a round baking tin and cut into triangle wedges.
Eliminate the chai masala for a classic shortbread.