|225g Butter,softened||150g Caster sugar|
|1tsp Lemon zest||250g Refined flour|
|110g Almond flour|
|2tsp Cardamom powder|
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
3. Place the butter, sugar and zest in a large mixing bowl and cream together using an electric hand mixer until the mixture is smooth.
4. Add sifted flour, almond flour and cardamom powder. Beat in well until the mixture comes together into a firm dough.
5. Divide dough into lemon sized portions and roll each into a ball. Flatten each using the bottom of a glass or a rolling pin.
6. Place 12 cookies on each baking tray and transfer them into the oven.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cookies are pale golden brown.
8. Remove the trays and keep aside for 5-10 minutes. The cookies will be a bit soft to touch when hot. They will get firm as they cool and reach room temperature.
9. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool further.
10. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Use decorative stamps to embellish the cookies with embossed designs.
Substitute cardamom with other spices to make flavour variations.