|For the sauce:||For the base:||
For the assembly:
Choose 1 or more of the following options:
For the sauce:
Score a cross over each tomato and immerse in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until the skins start coming off. Peel, chop roughly and keep aside. Heat oil in a large pot. Sweat the garlic and onions in the oil, then add the chopped celery, red and green coloured bell peppers. Gently sweat the vegetables making sure they don't brown or burn. Add in the chilli-garlic paste and the chopped tomatoes. Leave all the ingredients to simmer till you get a thick sauce. (You can use a hand blender to blend,if you prefer a smoother sauce).
For the base:
1. Mix the yeast, sugar and lukewarm water in a small bowl. Leave to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes or until the yeast becomes frothy.
2. Place the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. After the yeast mixture is ready pour it over the flour and knead to make a smooth dough. Add a little water if the dough is too dry.
3. Tip the dough out onto a floured flat surface and knead to activate the gluten. While doing so, add in the extra virgin olive oil and make sure it is evenly incorporated in the dough.
4. Place the kneaded dough back in the oiled mixing bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rest in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
6. Once the dough has risen, knock it back and roughly knead to remove any excess air. Divide into two balls and roll each to a 10" disc. Prick a couple of times with a fork and transfer onto a dusted baking tray.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes till the bases are almost done. Do not brown them.
8. Remove from the oven and cool.
For the assembly:
1. Set oven function to "Pizza setting" and its temperature to 180°C.
2. Smear a generous layer of sauce over each base.
3. Grate some cheese,add in any topping of your choice and place back in the hot oven on level 2.
4. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
5. Serve hot.