|For the oven roasted tomatoes:||For the grilled vegetables:|
Lightly oil two baking trays with oil and keep them ready.
For the oven roasted tomatoes:
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and arrange on a lined baking sheet along with cloves of garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, pepper and salt. Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes.
3. Bake for 3 hours, or until the tomatoes are shrivelled and dry, but still have a little juice inside. The time may vary depending on the size of tomatoes.
For the grilled vegetables:
1. Sprinkle salt on the eggplant slices and leave them aside in a colander for about 20 minutes. This will release any bitter juices and dehydrate them a little.
2. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, parsley and basil. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Keep aside.
3. When ready to grill, brush off the excess salt and gently squeeze out excess moisture from the eggplant.
4. Set oven function to "Grill, large area" and temperature to "Grill setting 2 (medium)".
5. Arrange eggplant and other prepared vegetables in rows on the second baking tray.
6. Lightly brush with prepared oil and grill till tender and slightly browned.
For the assembly:
1. Stack eggplant and zucchini slices in alternating layers as desired. Sprinkle with oven roasted tomatoes.
2. Drizzle dressing on the top. Serve.