|3 Large eggs||1tsp Vanilla extract|
|2ml Almond extract||200g Refined flour|
|1tsp Baking powder||170g Caster sugar|
|100g Chopped almonds||Pinch of salt|
|Milk, as required|
1. Preheat the oven at 150°C.
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Combine eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract in a small mixing bowl and beat. Keep aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour,baking powder,sugar,-al monds and salt and mix well. Add in the egg mixture and bring everything together to make a loose dough. Add a tablespoon or two of milk if the dough feels too tight.
5. Transfer this dough onto a baking tray and use your hands to shape the dough into a fat log 12"-14" long.
6. Bake this log at 150°C for 15-18 minutes, or till the surface feels firm to touch. Remove and cool for 5 minutes.
7. When the log is cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to slice it horizontally into 1/2" slices. Return these to the baking tray,laying them flat in single layers. Use a second tray if required.
8. Bake biscotti at 150°C for about 20 minutes, till completely dry, crunchy and golden brown in colour.
9. Cool on a wire rack and store in an air-tight jar for up to 1 week.
Dip half of each biscuit in dark or white melted chocolate. Alternatively drizzle with chocolate.